Being a chorister at St. Peter’s is highly rewarding and great fun. Choristers develop valuable life skills and gain self-confidence while receiving a unique musical education.
Choristerships are free of charge. No previous musical experience is necessary. We welcome boys and girls aged 7+ who show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and get involved.
If your son or daughter are interested, they are invited to join the choir for rehearsals for a few weeks to see how everything works. After this, if everything has gone well, they are offered a choristership and begin an experience which will enrich their lives.
The benefits of choristership include:
- a unique and fun musical education
- activities, trips, and concerts
- new friendships
- pocket-money pay
- excellent vocal training
- RSCM Award and AB Theory training
- crucial life skills (such as teamwork, responsibility and leadership)
- academic skills (such as literacy, numeracy and languages)
If you would like to find out more about choristerships, please fill in the form below. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Our choristers attend local schools, currently including: