In these trying covid times, where our donations have been hit badly through church closure and lower attendance numbers due to shielding, we are keen to find ways to make it easier for everyone to donate in a virtual way. As you know, there are several ways for you to give to support our wonderful church during these tricky times and beyond, which I am listing below again as a reminder.
However I’m writing to tell you about a new addition to the portfolio of options, that adds a little to our fund every time you purchase something from Amazon, which costs you nothing, through the Amazon Smile scheme. Each time you purchase something from Amazon, they will automatically donate 0.5% of the purchase price to our church. So pleas click on the link and add our church as your automatic charity – https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1186400-0
I have added all of these details to our News Feed on our website – https://www.stpetersbournemouth.org.uk/news/support-our-church-every-time-you-shop-with-amazon/ and also on our Facebook page and Twitter feed – so click on the links for those below
The main ways to give remain the same and all additional help will of course be most gratefully received.
- If you are already signed up to the Parish Giving Scheme, you could look to increase your monthly donation to help us through this time of closure. You can do this either directly via your own bank account or by you contacting the Parish Giving team and increasing your monthly payment: https://www.parishgivingscheme.org.uk/contact-us/ Every little helps as the saying goes, so if you can – please do.
- If you usually give to the church by putting money into the plate on a Sunday or filling in a yellow envelope, please can we urge you to sign up to Parish Giving Scheme? It is so easy to do – just complete the form by clicking on the link here: https://parishgiving.org.uk/register/ and entering our Parish Giving Scheme account details which are: Bournemouth St Peter – 416008361. The benefit to this scheme is that not only does it help us plan our budget but they calculate our gift aid reclaims for us (if you’re able to gift aid your donation that is) and there is no additional cost us, so everything you donate goes directly to the church.
- Donate through our website either as single, one-off donations or you can sign up to a more regular giving – https://www.stpetersbournemouth.org.uk/donate/. You can decide on the amount you wish to give. Again, this scheme helps the church with gift aid donations but there is a small cost we have to pay them to facilitate transactions to this account. But if you prefer this scheme to the parish giving scheme, please don’t let that stop you signing up!
- Set up a standing order direct from your account into our bank account. Our account details are:
Name: St Peter’s Church DCC
Account Number: 31014291
Sort Code: 56 – 00 – 35
5. Write a cheque to St Peter’s Church DCC and mail it to: F.A.O. St Peter’s Treasurers, Parish Office, St. Peter’s Church, Hinton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 2EE
Thank you so much for reading and hopefully, as Tesco says, every little helps!