The Choir of St. Peter’s Church has sung for more than 125 years, with boys and girls (from year 2) and adults singing at regular services and for special occasions. It is the only choir in Bournemouth and Poole to sing two full choral services each Sunday.
Being a chorister at St. Peter’s is rewarding and confidence-building.
The main benefits the choristers gain include:
- Musical training from professional musicians
- Experience of a wide range of inspiring music
- Friendships and social events
- Learning self-discipline and performance skills
- Development of self-confidence
- A musical training scheme with medals and certificates at each level
- Pocket money pay, with the opportunity to earn more pay for weddings
- Good fun and memories to last a lifetime
Membership of the choir is free of charge, but the experience is worth hundreds of pounds.]
Rehearsal Schedule (during term-time)
|Wednesdays||5.30 – 7pm (choristers rehearsal)|
|6.30 – 8pm (adults rehearsal)|
The choir sings on every second Sunday during term-time (on average). These sometimes vary, and there are occasional festival services as noted in the choir diary. Choir holidays usually coincide with school holidays and half-terms. These commitments are designed to give choristers plenty of weekend time off without reducing their capability or contribution.
Joining the choir
We welcome boys and girls aged 7 to 16 who are enthusiastic about singing. No previous musical experience is necessary. Click here to find out more.